The CANTran from RACELOGIC is a small interface device used to generate a wheel speed pulse and engine rpm pulse using the CAN Bus of a vehicle. This is useful for interfacing various electronic devices to modern cars which no longer have a conventional signal available.
Each CANTran unit contains a database of many different vehicles and will automatically recognise the vehicle type it is fitted to, so there is nothing for the user to configure. The CANTran is mainly used for providing a speed pulse to aftermarket GPS Navigation systems and driving Taxi meters. Other uses include data logging for test and development, telematics, and vehicle tracking.
Recognised manufacturer examples are: Mercedes, BMW, VAG, Porsche, Ferrari, SAAB, Vauxhall, Jaguar, Fiat, Alfa, Renault, Citroen, and Peugeot.
Whilst RACELOGIC manufacture and design this device, CanTran is sold exclusively through one distributor:
Sailes Marketing Ltd
15 Aintree Road, Keytec 7 Business Park, Pershore, WR10 2JN Worcs, United Kingdom
Tel : +44 (0) 1386 554210
Fax : +44 (0) 1386 552461
- Frequency approximately: 0.62 Hz per every 1 kph (1 Hz per every 1 mph)
- Output voltage: 12V square wave
- Minimum speed approximately: 3 kph (1.7 mph)
- Approximate pulses per km: 2240 (per mile: 3600)
- Fully compatible with the ISO11898 standard
- Bus lines protected against transients in an automotive environment
- Differential receiver with wide common-mode range for high immunity against Electromagnetic Interference (EMI)
- Slope control to reduce Radio Frequency Interference (RFI)
- Supply voltage: 12V (from ignition or switched line)
- Short-circuit proof to battery and ground
- Approximate current draw: 30 mA
- Warranty: 12 months