Who we are
Racelogic is a limited company registered in England. Our company registration number is 2743719, our VAT registration number: GB581435437. Our registered Office is in: Unit 10, Swan Business Centre, Osier Way, Buckingham, Bucks, MK18 1TB, United Kingdom.
Personal data we collect
Personal information is data that can be used to identify or contact a single person. We collect personal data as part of providing products and services to you. We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- company and department
- contact information including email address
- demographic information such as country, preferences and interests
- IP address
- product use
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
When personal data is collected
We will collect your personal data when:
- You ask for a quote
- You purchase our products and services
- You make customer enquiries
- You register for information or other services
- You register your product
- You register your software
- You respond to communications or surveys
We will use your data for:
- Processing your quotes and purchases.
- Keeping you informed on RACELOGIC's latest product announcements, software updates, and upcoming events. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your email preferences or contacting us directly.
- Internal procedures such as auditing, data analysis, and research to improve RACELOGIC’s products, services, and customer communications.
- Processing competitions and promotions.
RACELOGIC will contact you from time to time by email to keep you informed about product updates, firmware/software changes and other relevant news. If you don’t want to be on our mailing list, you can opt out anytime by updating your preferences.
RACELOGIC may contact you occasionally to ask you to take part in a survey, in order to enable us to review, develop and improve our services. We use Survey Monkey's website to host our surveys. In providing its services to us, Survey Monkey act as a data processor. To view Survey Monkey's privacy statement please click here. At all times, RACELOGIC will remain the data controller.
Your survey responses, including any personal data provided, will only be used by RACELOGIC for the purposes stated within this Privacy and Security statement. Personal data can include (but is not restricted to) your name, age and e-mail address. We may collect other personal data, depending on the survey to which you are responding.
Non-personal data we collect
Some of our software products record anonymous usage information and software exceptions. Data is limited to the following:
- De-personalized IP address
- Location – accurate to country and region only
- Name of product opened (i.e. “VBOX Test Suite”)
- Name of component opened (i.e. “Acceleration Test”) and number of opens / sessions.
- Software version number (i.e. VBTS version 1.8.36)
- Operating system (i.e. Microsoft Windows 10 Home / Microsoft Windows NT 6.2.92)
- Unit type (i.e. VB3i, VB2SX)
- Mode (Online or Offline)
- Exception details (an error message, along with information about where in the program code the error occurred)
- The date/time that the entry was recorded.
Usage information is collected when the software checks for updates. We use this information to help us to prioritize features and updates to our software/components. Exception information is collected after the software has opened. We use this information to help us to improve the quality and stability of our software.
Our software applications do not record any data entered by the user, loaded into our software or results thereafter.
Protection of personal information
RACELOGIC takes the security of your personal information very seriously. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by emailing us at or using the unsubscribe option within our newsletters
Who has access to your data
Apart from ourselves, RACELOGIC subsidiaries and distributors in other countries may have access to your data. Depending on which country you are living in, RACELOGIC may forward your purchase or product enquiry information for further processing to:
- One of our subsidiaries in Germany and the US. Our office information can be found here.
- An authorised distributor in your country. A full list of our VBOX, VBOX Motorsport and LabSat distributors can be found on the relevant websites.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information if you are already a customer or tell us that you wish this to happen.
Request your data
You have the right to access the data we hold about you under Section 7 of the Data Protection Act 1998. In order to make a Subject Access Request, please write to:
Unit 10-11 Swan Business Centre
- Your name, address, product number (S/N) and what information you would like.
- A forms of identification such as a copy of a driving licence, passport, or document containing your signature, and a copy of a recent utility bill that confirms your address. (This is to take reasonable steps to confirm your identity before providing you with details of any personal information we may hold about you.)
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible at the above address. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
Last Updated: 19 June 2018